Cool Pool Deck Repair and Installations
Serving the Valley and Arizona Since 1997
ANSWERS? WE'VE GOT THEM.
Here are the questions we are most frequently being asked:
BEFORE THE JOB CHECKLIST:
1. If work is being done around the pool, shut off the water auto fill valve.
2. Lower the pool water level by 4" using the pump backwash system. ( if work is being done around pool )
3. Remove any furniture, pots, bbqs, or other personal items from the deck.
4. Keep Pets indoors for the duration of the remodel.
5. Unlock side gate daily to give the crews access to your backyard.
AFTER THE JOB CHECKLIST:
1. Do not place furniture, pots or any other item on the new coating for at least 10 days. Placing items prematurely on the
coating will cause the items to stick to the coating resulting in damage to the coating.
2. Fill pool to proper water level (usually the middle of your skimmer). Use the auto fill, a water hose or both.
3. Operate pool pump and filtering system for at least 24 hours. We recommend nightly, 8 hours each time for 3 nights.
4. Backwash the filter every day after each 8 hour period of running the pool pump. A filter that has too much debris will build
up too much pressure and may cause damage to your pool equipment.
5. To catch finer particles and to keep excess dust out of your filter, it is recommended to use a nylon "sock" whenever
possible. This "sock is wrapped around your skimmer basket and helps to catch debris before it reaches your pool filter.
Skimmer nylon "socks" are available at your local pool supply store.
6. Turn your water auto fill valve back on.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR COOL Pool DECK
Question: How can I remove stains from my cool pool deck?
Answer: The best solution for removing stains from your cool deck is a mixture of a gallon of water with baking soda, ammonia and vinegar. Gently scrub the cool pool deck
with a non abrasive brush using this solution to remove any stains from your cool pool deck.
Question: How do I repair small hairline cracks on my cool pool deck?
Answer: Clean the surface and allow it to dry. Apply a bead of tan caulking to the crack. Repaint over the caulking for a seamless finish.
LONG TERM CARE
Question: What do I need to do so that my cool pool deck looks good for many years to come?
Answer: Cool pool Deck's worst enemies are water, salt, and sun. To protect it from water damage, avoid any puddling. Sitting water will evaporate leaving unsightly stains
on your cool pool deck. Sitting water will also eventually make its way between the thin layer of coating and your concrete eventually causing the coating to de-laminate. To
protect your cool pool deck from salt, as in salt water pools, ask your cool pool deck professional for a coating of "Effex" prior to the installation of your cool pool deck. This salt inhibitor
will minimize any salt water damage on your cool pool deck. To protect your pool from the sun, repaint your cool deck every 5-7 years. The acrylic paint made specially for cool pool deck contains a sealer that protects your cool deck from damaging UV rays.
INSTRUCTIONS AT THE END OF THE JOB
Question: What do I need to do after the work is completed?
Answer: Turn on your water auto fill water leveler back on. Do not step on the finished work for 48 hours. Do not put any furniture or any other items on the deck for 10
days to allow for complete drying. Items placed prematurely on the fresh paint will stick to the paint causing damage to the deck. Do not allow water to puddle as this
causes water stains. Do not drag items over the deck. Use the touch up paint to cover any marks if damage occurs to the deck. Turn on your water auto fill water leveler
Question: How do I clean the water after the work is completed?
Answer: It is important to run your pump for three consecutive nights at least 8 hours each time. This will allow the system to filter the fine dust that is impossible to
remove by the crew. Be sure to backwash the filter daily for three consecutive days after each night of running the pump. Failure to backwash can cause damage to your
PAYMENT & WARRANTY
What forms of payments do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards, checks, cash or PayPal payments.
What are your warranty terms & conditions?
We offer some of the best warranties in the business. All our products come with a full 2 year warranty guarantee.
For any further questions please see the reverse side of your contract or call your AZ DECK representative.
Enjoy Your New Deck!
The AZ DECK Team
Still got questions? Contact us>